Guide to ADOA Rentals
Fleet Services uses a very sophisticated software package to manage our taxi vehicles. Reservations can only be "confirmed" if that type of vehicle will be available for the time period needed by our customer. If a vehicle is not returned by the original time it was due - it is quite possible that there will be no vehicle for the next customer as the system has made a reservation based on the fact that vehicles will be returned on time.
If you return a vehicle late - you will be notified reminding you that you were late and advising you that another late return will result in notification to your supervisor.
If you return a vehicle late a second time - your supervisor will be notified with an explanation of our late policy and advising them to the fact that you were late a second time.
If a vehicle is returned late for a third time - a letter will be sent to your supervisor and your assistant director.
Please be courteous to your fellow state employees and return your rentals on time.
When you make a reservation for a taxi vehicle, you decide what time you want to pick the vehicle up. Fleet Management will hold the vehicle up to 1 hour past the scheduled pick up time before changing the status of the rental to "no-show".
All "no-show" reservations are charged for one days rental.
If your plans change and the vehicle is no longer needed, please contact the reservations desk as soon as possible to cancel your reservation. There are several methods that can be used for cancellation;
- You may either call the reservations desk at 602-542-3110
- or send an e-mail to Reservations.
If you are going to be late picking up the vehicle, please call the reservations desk at 602-542-3110 and let them know how late you might be. In most all cases, they can adjust the scheduled pick up time to meet your needs.
Taxi Rental Information Packet
Every taxi rental customer receives the following important pieces of information when they pick up their reservation
Official Use Only
- The Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) Fleet Management vehicles may be used for official use only as provided in A.R.S. § 38-538.02.
- It is prohibited to transport family members or friends, or any person not essential to accomplishing official business.
Before Leaving The Fleet Compound
- A Pre-Drive Walk-Around Inspection Report will be given to you at the time you pick up the vehicle. Visually inspect the vehicle noting condition including any damage such as a cracked windshield, dented fender, etc. Check tires for road-worthiness. If you find anything wrong you are to indicate it on the form, take the form to the Gas Island where one of the attendants will verify the problem. Both you and the attendant will sign and date the form.
- Check fuel gauge to make sure gauge is on full. If not on full, stop at Gas Island and have tank filled.
Upon Return To Fleet Compound
- Park vehicle at Gas Island; leave key in ignition.
- Fill in trip ticket with ending odometer mileage, date and time of return; note any problems with vehicle and leave the trip ticket on the front seat of the vehicle.
- After 5:00 PM: Park the vehicle at the Gas Island, complete the trip ticket as outlined above and leave it on the front seat of the vehicle. Lock the vehicle and drop the keys in the drop slot location in the kiosk on the center of the Gas Island.
Credit Card Use/Adot Fuel Supply Stations
- Whenever convenient, please us ADOT fuel supply stations
- Use credit card only at authorized service stations.
- DO NOT USE within 10 miles of the Capitol area from 6:30 AM to 5:00 PM on weekdays.
- Use credit card only for minor purchases of gas, oil, belts, hoses, tire repair, etc., up to $50 (see 5, below).
- All tire purchases must be authorized by Fleet Management Office.
Repairs Or Purchases Over $50
Call ADOT Equipment Services at (602) 712-7406 Monday – Friday, 6:00AM – 3:30 PM, or call 1-877-800-8520 after hours, weekends, or holidays.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL TOW-TRUCK ON YOUR OWN!
- Call ADOT Equipment Services at (602) 712-7406 or call 1-877-800-8520.
- If it is necessary to leave the vehicle unattended, the operator shall secure the vehicle by rolling up all windows and locking all doors. If it is necessary to signal for assistance on a roadway, the hood of the vehicle shall be raised and the hazard flashers system turned on.
Accidents ****All Accidents Must be Reported****
Accident reporting packets are in glove compartment. Fill out all forms and return them to the Fleet Service manager within 24 hours.
If bodily injury occurs, please call Risk Management at (602) 542-2180 as soon as possible
Security Gate Procedures
For security purposes, the ADOA Fleet Management facility is completely fenced and protected by a self-closing, self-locking security gate after operating hours and on weekends. The gate is located at the West Madison Avenue entrance to the Fleet Management Facility and automatically opens at 6:30 am closes at 5:30 pm Monday through Friday. The gate remains closed all weekend. After hours and on weekends, customers can gain entry through the security gate by inserting their state identification card into the card reader located outside the gate. To exit, the same applies to the card reader located inside to the right of the gate. The card reader is programmed to accept any state identification card with the black card reader strip on the back. If you do not have a card, your agency can authorize you to get one at the state badge office. Fleet Management cannot get the card for you, but they can test the validity of your card with their card reader located in the rental office.
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Refueling Instructions
This vehicle operates on both Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and Unleaded Gasoline and as such may operate than the vehicle you may be used to driving. When starting this vehicle you will notice that it starts a little harder than a straight gasoline vehicle and the fuel gauge may read 3/4 full, this is normal. CNG is a gas rather than a liquid and reacts differently. When there is fuel in the CNG tank, this vehicle will start and automatically run on CNG. When the CNG tank on this vehicle gets to around 1/8 of a tank, a check gauge warning light on the instrument panel will come on to let you know that the CNG tank is getting low. DO NOT BE ALARMED, this vehicle is designed to automatically switch over and run on unleaded gasoline and will continue to do so until refueled with CNG. While running on unleaded gasoline, a light on the gasoline switch located on the dash to the left of the steering column will be lit. When refueling, please refuel with CNG (when available) and unleaded gasoline. The CNG inlet is located on the outside lower left-hand corner of the vehicle.
Daily Rental Rates
The following daily rental rate schedule on short-term vehicle rentals is effective as of July 1, 2001. There is no mileage charge, but expenses for fuel will be charged.
Sedan - $26.00
Mini-Van - $25.00
Sports Utility 4x4 - $27.00